Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mermaid Nails Tutorial

     I realized that I haven't done any nail art and more specifically any tutorials for quite some time so I thought I would do one today. Also I just wanted to mention that there is actually a really good reason I don't do a ton of nail art or tutorials, and it's because I have both carpel tunnel and a bulged disk in my neck (at C5). And for whatever reason they are both more troublesome in the winter. So I do a lot of swatches (between tutorials and nail art) because those posts can usually be done even if either (or both) are giving me trouble. I just wanted you guys to know so you don't feel cheated when I post a lot of swatches and not a lot of nail art. IMO all nail posts have value but a recent event brought to my attention that others don't seem to think so. If you only want to see nail art I will post that, but not as often during the winter as I do during the warmer months.

    Okay, now that's out of the way...Today, I am going to show you guys my version/interpretation of the mermaid manicure. And added bonus I am going to show you how to get the look yourself.

Finished product:

What You Will Need:

Top coat (Seche Vite) and a makeup sponge. 

Color Club - Worth The Risque
Finger Paints - Artistic Azure
Zoya - Charla
China Glaze - Fairy Dust

Konad nail stamper and scraper. Shany plate number SH222.

And cotton buds for clean up. 

Step one:
Start with fully polished nails. 2 coats of Zoya - Charla. 

Step two:
Apply Finger Paints - Artistic Azure on edge of makeup sponge. 

Step three:
Sponge Finger Paints - Artistic Azure liberally on the nail tip only. You may have to do a couple coats. 
Then  allow to dry. 

Step four:
Clean up any polish you got on your skin. 
Remember Finger Paints are slow dry polishes, so you will need lots of dry time.  

Step five:

Apply a layer of Fairy Dust
Let dry.

Step six:
Prepare stamping plate. Apply Color Club - Worth The Risque, scrape off excess, use stamper, then check the stamp to make sure it copied properly. 

Step seven:
Stamp design on all nails. 

Step eight:
Clean up cuticles again.

Step nine:
Apply top coat and allow to dry. 

Finished product. Outdoor picture. 

Mermaid by Train...cuz I thought it was relevant. Plus it was the only song I could think of that was mermaid related. Even though I'm not a big Train fan. I'm a nerd like that.

     Well there you have it, my interpretation of the mermaid manicure. I hope you guys enjoyed this manicure and this tutorial. I also hope that you feel like you can now try it yourself because let's face it that's what this is all about right. I also want to thank my followers for understanding that I will do nail art as often as I can, and I really appreciate your support. Until next time Stay classy and stay polished. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment