Saturday, January 5, 2013

OPI The Impossible Swatch and Review

     Today, I have The Impossible from OPI's Mariah Carey collection to show you guys. The Impossible is a liquid sand polish which means that it dries to a bumpy sand like matte finish. It's a bright pink glitter with mildly holographic pink glitter, silver hexagons and star glitter in it. And to be honest the reason I bought this polish is because of the star glitter. I love stars/moons/all night related images. As if you couldn't tell. As soon as I knew this polish had stars in it, I was there. But enough talking about it, it's time to start showing it.

The bottle:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in shade.

Outdoor in sunlight.

Swatches:
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in shade. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Close ups:
Indoor no flash.

Outdoor in sunlight.

And a song that to me fits this polish much better than anything by Mariah Carey (I'm not a fan. Sorry). 
Pink - True Love. 

     All pictures are with two coats of The Impossible and not top coat. the formula is thin, applies easily and dries quickly. I really enjoy the color of this polish. That said I was really disappointed in the wear of this polish. The stars I was so excited about where a pain in the butt to get out of the bottle and on to the nail and once they were on the nail they didn't lay flat (probably because of the sand texture), which left little pokey star edges to catch on everything and to pop off leaving an icky silver outline of the star that used to be. Which was a total bummer for me. I wanted those little stars so bad and they were nothing but a disappointment. I'll probably wear the polish again but I will make sure to avoid said stars as they were such a pain to apply and wear. I also still question the placement of sand polish in the Mariah Carey collection. I think P!nk or Ke$ha would have been a far better fit in songstress than Mariah Carey. Either one are far more gritty and real than Mariah. IMO. But you decide for yourself. That's all I have for today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment