Tuesday, January 15, 2013

OPI You Only Live Twice Swatch and Review

     Today, I have You Only Live Twice (YOLT) from OPI's Skyfall collection to show you guys. YOLT is a dark pink polish with pink glass flecks in it. I guess like the other polishes in this line it's somehow supposed to be inspired by the a James Bond film...but since I am not a fan of the series I can't fathom the connection between pink polish and a British action hero...but what do I know I'm just a silly girl...plus I prefer British dramas over British action films. But I digress, YOLT is a pretty polish and I will be using it a lot in February for Valentines nail art (I hope it works well for stamping). That said there will only be indoor pictures today as it was below zero all day when I took the pictures. Sorry in advance but I didn't want to freeze my poor little fingers off. Anyway enough of my blathering let's get to the polish.

The bottle:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Swatches:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Closeup:
Note the sparse glass flecks. 

     All pictures are with two coats of YOLT and a layer of topcoat. This polish applied easily and had an average dry time. I really like the dark pink polish because it isn't like any other color in my collection. That said I do wish it had more glass flecks. It seems only China Glaze is getting the glass fleck quantity right. IMO. Anyway what do you guys think? Do you like this polish or is it to close to 'Barbie' pink for you? Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment