Saturday, January 12, 2013

OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest Swatch and Review

    Today, I have Every Month Is Oktoberfest (EMIO) from OPI's Germany collection to show you guys. Also on a totally unrelated note I got my hair cut and colored last night. I lost seven inches, and went a few shades darker, but most importantly it feels like my head lost 10lbs. If you want to see it, I updated my profile picture over there ----->. But I digress, I am showing a nail polish not blabbing about my hair/weight-loss. EMIO is a dark red polish with red glass flecks in it. So let's get down to business and show it to you. Also free warning it was snowing when I took the outdoor pictures so you may see some stray flakes melting on my nails. It couldn't be helped (believe me I really tried to avoid them). Sorry.

The bottle:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 
And yes the bottle is sitting in a snow drift. My 2nd floor balcony is covered in about two inches. On the plus side it sets the bottle off nicely and keeps it from rolling around. 

Outdoor in shade. 

Swatches:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in shade.

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Closeup:
Note tiny red flecks. 

     All pictures are with two coats of EMIO and a layer of topcoat. This polish applies easily and dries quickly. I really like this vampy color, my only dislike is that it's almost too dark to show the glass flecks unless you are really, really close. And if anyone gets close enough to see them then I would probably smack them away and state "space bubble violation." It either needs bigger flecks or a base that's a few shades lighter to set off the flecks. Sigh...the look out for the perfect red glass flecked polish continues. What do you guys think? Is it just right or does it need some tweaks? Well that's all I have for you today, so until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment