Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OPI Skyfall Goldeneye Swatch And Review

     Today, I have a swatch to show you from the OPI Skyfall collection. I am going to show you Goldeneye. Goldeneye is a gold glitter polish with a gold hued jelly like base. It is by far and away the weirdest (as far as application) polish in my collection. And has my inner Valkyrie tranced into total silence and stillness it's that unbelievably gorgeous.

The bottle:
Indoor flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor.

Close up:

Swatches:
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor...yeah so...it's snowing outside...snowing in Idaho before Halloween (insert expletive here) and so there will only be one outdoor picture because the sun is hiding and this is the best I can do. 

     All the pictures above are with three thin coats of Goldeneye and a single layer of top coat. It applies easily and is a thin formula. The application is simple but weird. The first coat goes on and I'm all "Um what happened to the gold?" It reminded me of more flakie China Glaze Golden Enchantment with one coat. Then I applied a second coat and it started to shine. Then I applied a third coat and my jaw hit the floor. I can not say enough good things about this polish. I think I am in love with it actually. It's like nail foils without the rips, bumps, and application learning curve. So shiny, metallicy (yeah...I know it's not a word, but I'm still using it), and glittery that the first words out of my mouth when I saw this on my nails was, "Sweet mother of Valkyrie, that's pretty!" I can see this polish being worn a lot for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's just amazing, and shiny, and pretty, and exemplary of fall. In fact if you could put fall in a nail polish bottle it would be Goldeneye. And to think I almost didn't pick up this pretty. That would have been a real shame. I may cry when I have to take it off.

     I also wanted to include a song with this post that reminds me of Goldeneye. It know it should be something James Bondish (like everyone else is doing) but I don't like those movies and honestly when I see this polish I think Golden Years by David Bowie. So that's what I'm posting. Enjoy.


     I also wanted to address the real gold top coat issue in this post so no one feels cheated. I'm sure a few of you are wondering if I will be swatching one of the real gold top coats that are so popular right now. The short answer is no. Since I have metal reactive dyshidrotic eczema I will have to satisfy my want for gold on my finger tips this fall with Goldeneye. I can't wear yellow gold at all (or white gold below 24k) without serious repercussions. So there is no way I would be able to wear the real gold top coats (*sad panda*). Plus, if I spent $40 (What OPI Man With A Golden Gun is going for on Amazon) on a single bottle of nail polish my husband might just stroke out on me. But Goldeneye more than satisfies my want for sparkle and gold without the itchy unpleasantness the gold topcoats would bring me and of course to keep the hubbs from stroking out. Well that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment