Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blood Splatter Mani

     I just entered my first nail art contest and since I can't show you my left hand until the voting starts I figured I could show you my right hand since it wasn't entered in the contest. You will understand the connection when I can post a link to the voting. But until then I will just show you the right hand.

Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor in the shade.

Outdoor in sunlight.

     For this look I used 3 coats of OPI Samoan Sand as a base color and ORLY Grave Mistake for the blood splatter. I used the straw method to get the splatter effect. I was actually surprised at how easy this look was to achieve. I may do a tutorial on it in the future. It's fast easy and fun...well fast compared to the length of time my normal nail art takes to do.

Warning incoming tangent....

     I can't say enough good things about Grave Mistake. It was perfect for use as blood in this mani. How fitting since it came from the Dark Shadows collection. Even if Johnny Depp as the vampire Barnabas Collins is more of a 'Count' (from Sesame Street) than a Dracula, Valek, Radu, or Barlow, at least the polish is a really good 'gory' vampire blood red color. We will just over look the fact that JD's vampire is more of a Backstreet Boys version of "dangerous" type of vampire (aka perfectly harmless), mostly because the polish is so fierce. And since I may be the only (hetero) female in the world that doesn't find Johnny Depp attractive the polish is all I am talking about. Anyway, I digress...I could have just said the polish is awesome...it is...but you know me I ramble. That's kind of what I do here. Thanks for putting up with my shenanigans. That's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment