Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sinister Manicure

     The other day I went and saw the movie Sinister and really enjoyed it for a lot of reasons...none of which I can tell you because I loath movie ruiners. There is a special circle in hell for people who ruin movies so I will not be participatory in such movie blasphemy. Anyway let's just say I am usually not a fan of movies about hauntings (I'm looking at you crappy Paranormal Activity series. You suck!), but Sinister did the haunting movie right. I could even look past Ethan Hawk being in it (imagine that). Here'e a trailer in case you have no idea what I am talking about.


     So after seeing this film I decided immediately that I wanted to do a Sinister themed manicure. Mostly because the films big bad named Bughuul (pronounced Bag-oul) is visually as creepy as it gets (think if The Joker (from the Batman comics) mated with The Crow and throw in a little Mick Thompson from Slipknot) and I thought hey I would like that ugly freak on my nails...yeah so I probably need help but if you are regular reader of my blog you already know that. Anyway I'm done blathering here's the manicure.

Pictures:
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor...it's snowing so...yeah only one outdoor picture again.


Close ups:
Index finger. 'Hanging with the family' drawing.

Buguul symbol.

Thumb: Buguul face drawing.

What I used:
OPI - Skull & Glossbones
ORLY - Grave Mistake (the name is so perfect for use in this manicure it kills me)
Ceramcoat - Black
Ceramcoat - Charcoal
Americana - Mustard Seed

     Also because they refer to Buguul as Mr. Boogie it reminds me of a song (Not that any of you are shocked by that at this point. Everything reminds me of a song). Here's I'm your Boogie Man by Rob Zombie.

     So what do you guys think of my Sinister manicure? I am really happy with how the Buguul (thumb) and his symbol (ring finger) came out. I also like that to my knowledge no one has tried to use this movie as a manicure yet and I'm rather excited that I get to be the first one to do it. That's always exciting. Well that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment