Friday, October 19, 2012

Candy Corn Stained Glass Manicure

     Today, I have a different take on the Candy Corn manicure for you guys. I did a candy corn manicure last year and this year I wanted to go another way with it. Keep the feeling of it, but change up the presentation. So after a lot of playing (and getting more than a little high on nail polish fumes) I have the Candy Corn Stained Glass manicure to show you guys. Let me know what you think.

Pictures.
Indoor with flash.
Indoor no flash.
Outdoor in shade. 
Outdoor in sunlight. 
Close up of glitters
Top row: Ick-A-Bod-Y, Glacier. 
Bottom row: Medallion
What I used:
OPI - Candlelight
OPI - Hi, Pumpkin
China Glaze - White On White
China Glaze - Glacier
China Glaze - Medallion
China Glaze - Ick-A-Bod-Y
Nail Star - Black

      I actually started with the basic candy corn colors (orange, white, yellow) in a mosaic pattern using striping tape and decided that changing the shape and order just wasn't different enough to make this mani special. So I thought to myself "You know what makes every manicure better?' The correct answer is glitter. It's always glitter. My inner Valkyrie insists that this is the case. So I went to my stash and selected three glitter polishes that fit the base colors and applied them over top of the other polishes. Then I used a black nail pen to draw in the black lines and it started to look like stained glass....okay that's not entirely true it took two heavy layers of top coat to look like stained glass. Free warning if you are going to do this have plenty of time to let it dry...I have so much polish on my fingers right now it's ridiculous. Pretty but took just this side of forever to dry. What do you guys think? Is it a worth while mani for Halloween? I think yes. Well that's all I have for you today. Until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment