Sunday, February 24, 2013

Color Club Winter Affair (Sally Beauty Supply Edition)

     Today, I have the final installment in the scented polish odyssey. I am going to show you Winter Affair from Color Club's A Winter Affair collection. This version (from Sally Beauty Supply) of Winter Affair is a gold chrome where the alternate version is a burgundy shimmer color (Available everywhere else). I was unable to pin down exactly what the smell is supposed to be (according to Color Club or Sally Beauty Supply), so I'm gonna tell you what I think the smell is...cinnamon/sugar glazed almonds. It's a warm, sweet scent, with hints of vanilla, spice, and a nutty finish...yum!

Swatches:
Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor...it's trying to snow again. :-/

Closeup:
Indoor no flash. 

     All pictures are with two coats of Winter Affair and a top coat. This formula is thick, dries really fast, and was fairly easy to apply. A word of caution in application though. Make straight thin strokes with the brush or you will have lines in the dried polish. Other than that though it's pretty easy to use. I'm not a huge fan of gold polish... in fact if you don't count glitters (which I don't) I only have 3 or them (China Glaze Passion, OPI Goldeneye, and this one). But I love this polish. It's so pretty...and it smells amazing. The scent is just yummy...it's sweet and warm, with vanilla, spice, and a nutty undertone to it. Arguments could be made for gingerbread or maple syrup scent but to me it smells more like cinnamon glazed almonds. Which is just about my favorite smell...ever. Lets just say that if they made the scent of this polish into a mens cologne I would want to jump whomever wore it (Just sayin' ;) ). But I'm a spaz like that. I'm sure none of you are shocked by that at this point. I am going to be very sad when I have to take this one off...but rest assured it will be sniffed a plenty before that happens. Well that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment