Friday, February 8, 2013

Lac Attack Beauxbatons Academy

     Sorry, I've been MIA this week but I've had a really bad sore throat/cold/viral plague infestation, and it's been kicking my butt. I'm still sick but I decided I didn't want to leave you guys hanging so I did a bigger post for today to make up for my sick butt slacking the last couple of days. free warning this will be a picture heavy post.
     Today, I am going to show you guys Beauxbatons Academy from Lac Attack's Magical Musings collection. Beauxbatons Academy is a milky bluish-white base with blue hexagonal glitter, darker blue micro glitter, white matte square glitter, and yellow matte micro glitter in it. For this post I swatched Beauxbatons Academy two ways, once by itself and once with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as underwear.

No Underwear:

Swatches:
Indoor no flash.

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor...sorry it's trying to snow and blocking out all the light. 

Individual nail. 

Closeups:
Outdoor.

Indoor no flash.
*All closeups are of polish on my nail not of the bottle.

The bottle:

Left to right: Indoor with flash, indoor no flash, and outdoor.

     *All pictures are with four thin coats (But you could probably get away with two heavy coats....I just always smudge the heavy coats before they dry so I do thin coats instead) of Beauxbatons Academy and a layer of topcoat.

With Underwear (OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls):

Swatches:
Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor

Closeups:
Outdoor

Indoor no flash. 

     *All pictures are with two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, two coats of Beauxbatons Academy and a layer of topcoat.

If you haven't checked out Lac Attack's nail polish out yet head over to her website here and see what you've been missing. And to see when she restocks all her pretty polishes follow her on Facebook or Twitter

     And lastly, my final thoughts on Beauxbatons Academy. Beauxbatons Academy with underwear is lighter, has less glitter and the white underwear (of OPI) comes though blotting out the pale smokey bluish-white base. With Beauxbatons Academy on it's own, you see a lot more glitter, more depth, and the pale smokey bluish-white base comes through. What do you ladies think? To wear underwear or not to wear underwear? I personally prefer it commando (no underwear required). I like the dept that you only get by layering Beauxbatons Academy over itself. This polish is so amazing it doesn't need panties. Lac Attacks motto "Fiercely Unique Nail Lacquer" is absolutely correct she makes the most unique Indies around. Nothing else looks quite like this polish. Well that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment