Friday, February 22, 2013

Color Club Ho-Ho Holly

    The forth entry in the scented polish odyssey is Ho-Ho Holly from Color Club's A Winter Affair collection. Ho-Ho Holly is a metallic hunter green sparkle. And it is supposed to be scented with Wooded-Herbs according to Sally Beauty Supply's website.

Swatches:
Indoor no flash.

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight.

Outdoor in shade. 

Closeups:
Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 

     All pictures are with two coats of Ho-Ho Holly and a top coat. This polish is fairly thin but applies easily to full opacity in two coats, and it dries quickly. It's actually a really pretty metallic green, that would be great for Christmas or Saint Patrick's day, and I actually have an idea for an Easter basket mani with this polish as the Easter grass, so Easter would be good as well. Or you know Thursday because you like green polish...I'm not the boss of you wear it when you want. The only problem with the polish for me is the smell...it stinks to all high heaven. It smells like someone took one of those little tree shaped (fake)pine scented air freshers and dipped it in Old Spice cologne. Which happen to be two of my least favorite smells in the entire world BTW. It's like layering one bad smell over another. A heavy topcoat deadened the smell a bit to a tolerable level but...bleck just the same. I see extra hand washing in my future with this polish. But hey if you like those little pine tree air fresheners and Old Spice you will love the smell...me not so much. Luckily, the polish is a pretty color so I can over look the stench...what we ladies do for beauty. Have you guys tried it? Do you think it smells good or do you agree with me and say it smells like someone rubbed a pine air freshener on grampa? Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment