Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Forsaken True Blood Inspired Let It Bleed

     This week I decided to do a theme in my swatches and the theme is scented nail polish. So to start out I am going to show you guys Let It Bleed from Deborah Lippmann's True Blood Forsaken collection. Let It Bleed is a dark brownish red polish that is scented with the True Blood Inspired Forsaken perfume.

Swatches:
Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Outdoor in shade. 

     All pictures are with two coats of Let It Bleed and a heavy layer of top coat. Let it Bleed is a thin formula that applies easily and dries at a normal pace. Over all a great color and a really pretty shiny finish. The color doesn't look like blood which I think is the intent but I like the color all the same. That said I didn't buy it for the color alone...I bought it because I am a huge True Blood fan. And in case you where wondering I love Bill (even though he makes the worst possible decisions in any given situation) and Alcide (Because, damn! Have you seen that man shirtless? O.o). I detest Eric, he's icky...and blond (blonds don't do it for me). I also like Pam because she's a sarcastic, badass, and Lafayette because he has the best lines in the show. What about you guys? Do you watch True Blood? If so who's your favorite character and why?
       Now to discuss the smell of of Let It Bleed. Let it Bleed is scented with the Forsaken perfume which is said to have: blackberry, Anjou pear, blood orange, jasmine, violet, plum, ebony, amber, patchouli, and vanilla scents in it. What I smell is definitely the blackberry, the vanilla, the amber, and the jasmine. In fact the jasmine, blood orange, and the blackberry are the strongest scents I could pin down on my own, before I searched for what smells where supposed to be in it online. I also read a few reviews before buying this polish, where people said they couldn't smell this scent in this polish...and that's weird because as soon as it was dry I couldn't not smell it. And by that I mean it has a really strong smell. So strong in fact that under a heavy topcoat two days later I can still smell the polish (if it's near my nose).  I have always had an exceptional sense of smell so I may be what's referred to as a hyper-smeller (someone with above average smelling ability). That said it's not a bad smell just strong, it fades over time but doesn't go away. So be prepared for that if you add this polish to your collection. It also reminds me of my sister Amy for some reason...I guess what they say is true, scent really is the closest sense tied to memory. That's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment