Saturday, December 8, 2012

Skittle Elf Manicure

     Today, I have a skittles elf manicure to show you guys. I saw a cute manicure by IHaveACupcake on YouTube (if you haven't watched her videos you should she's just thins side of brilliant), she had a christmas manicure that had one nail that was an elf and I liked the elf nail so much that I thought I would try an all elf manicure. And to keep from being boring I decided that I needed 5 different elf uniforms (one for each nail). I figured, "Hey, maybe each uniform color is a job specific color." So I ran with it. Perhaps the dark and light green are the toy maker elves (Senior and Junior elves respectively), and the red elves are the elves that help Santa make the deliveries. The yellow elves are the security elves and the blue elves take care of the reindeer and the sleigh. See I have a whole back story to support my manicure. Which really just means I have way to much spare time on my hands. So without any further ado here's the mani.

Indoor with flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in shade. 

Outdoor in shade.

Here's What I Used:

China Glaze:
Solar Power
Medallion
Re-Fresh Mint
Gaga For Green
Bahamian Escape
Salsa
Velvet Bow
Water You Waiting For

Nail Star:
Dark Green Glitter
Medium green
Red Glitter

Americana:
True Red
Mustard Seed
White Wash
Hauser Dark Green

Ceramcoat:
Hauser Dark Green
Tahiti Blue
Platinum

     So what do you guys think? Was my attempt at a skittle elf manicure a success or a failure? I like how it turned out. I would do a few things differently next time (like not use stiper pens they dry to bumpy) but over all I am happy with it. That's all I have for you guys today. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday and that you enjoyed this manicure. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

2 comments: