Tuesday, November 27, 2012

China Glaze Get Carried Away Swatch And Review

     Today, I have a swatch from the China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil collection for you guys. Get Carried Away is a black jelly with small and large hexagonal glitter (silver, black and dark pink), and black bar glitter in it. Now normally I don't buy polish with bar glitter. I hate bar glitter. It never lays right, clumps up, and if you get a piece of said bar glitter hanging off the edge of your nail after your polish dries, you are in for some not so fun paper cuts. But I put aside my deep dislike of bar glitter to try this polish because it's dark and glittery (two of the best qualities a polish can possess) plus I just adore when black and red or black and dark pink are pared together. That and it was free thanks to Amazon gift cards so worse case scenario I pass it off to my best friend (and fellow polish addict) Marcie.  Anyway, enough blathering on my part here's the polish.

The bottle:
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor. Stupid rainy weather. 

Swatches:
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor.

Close up:
*All my close up shots are taken of polish on the nail, not in the bottle. So you get a better idea of what it will look like on. 

     The pictures above are with 3 layers of Get Carried Away, and two layers of topcoat (this polish like all large glitter polishes eats top coat alive). The bar glitter was as expected, a ginormous pain in the...well you know where it was a pain. I ended up having to use tweezers to remove a few bar glitter that refuse to lay right at the tips and cuticles. Also the nail polish is really thick and gloppy which adds another level of annoyance to the polish. What I find really kind of funny is that on the nail you barely even see the bar glitter and (in my opinion) the polish would have been better without it. I love the hexagons though so pretty. And I think the polish could look really cool layered over another polish. If I had payed for this polish I probably would have been a grumpy Gus but I didn't so it's kind of like, ehh it's alright. I may have to try it as part of a jelly sandwich and then decide if I'll pass it on down the line. Well that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Great review! And I totally agree, I just got this and was so excited about it - but I am having a heck of a time applying it so that it looks as pretty on my nails as it does in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I had to pat on the first layer. Don't apply it like normal polish. But gently pat the glitter onto the nail so that the glitter gets evenly distributed across the nail. The next two layers can then be applied normally. It keeps chunky glitter from piling up around the tip of the nail. Good luck.

      Delete