Friday, November 2, 2012

Butter London Knackered Swatch and Review

     Today I have Knackered by Butter London to show you guys. So lucky girl that I am my friend Marcie did some kind of super special (something like 3 Butter London polishes and a top coat for $13) deal and picked up a Butter London for me. Which is awesome because I most likely would not have purchased a Butter London on my own. She got me Knackered, which is a periwinkle with holo-glitter in it.

The bottle.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor in shade.

Outdoor in sunlight.

Close up.

Swatches.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Outdoor in shade. 

     The pictures above are with 4 coats of Knackered and two layers of top coat. The formula is really thin, and is a slow dryer (total bummer). Not to mention when the polish does dry four coats was still not opaque and the glitter stuck out of the polish even after two heavy coats of Seche Vite. Also the long dry time made the polish prone to bubbling even when I gave each coat 15-20 minutes to dry before applying the next layer (grr, I hate bubbles). I don't know...I'm just not really all that happy with this product. In the bottle it looks duochrome but on the nail it is not duochrome at all (also a bummer). My friend said that one of the other polishes she bought in the same promotion was like this as well (lot's of coats required and long dry time). Between the two of us we decided that if we had purchased these polishes at full price we both would have had full blown, world class, hissy fits and demanded a refund...but since it was part of a really fabulous deal it's kind of like ehh, at least we know not to buy them again. Maybe we both just got bad bottles. But I have to say this polish did not sell me on buying their other products. For me if I am going to splurge on a higher end nail polish I will stick to Deborah Lippmann. Has anyone else had this problem, or did Marcie and I just get dud bottles? Well that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment