Sunday, November 4, 2012

If It Glitters It Isn't Mr. Gold (It's Rumple) Manicure.

     Today I have a TV show inspired manicure. I just started watching and am now addicted to Once Upon a Time Because I need another TV show on Sunday at 7PM (I watch Dexter and The Walking Dead in that slot too) to become obsessed with. No seriously, why is the only good TV on Sunday Nights?  Anyway  I wanted to do a manicure based on the show. Naturally I decided to use my favorite character from the show as a premise. My favorite character being Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin/Rumpel. So I did a couple nails based on outfits and one based on his cool goldish, bluish, whitish skintone. My carpal tunnel has been killing me today so it's not on the level with my usual nail art but I like it and I hope someone else will as well. So here it is.

Pictures:
Indoor with flash.
Thumb: Mr. Gold's signature pin stripe suit
Index finger: crocodile/leather in the woods (Which sounds chafey to me. Ouch!). 
Middle finger: in the castle with Belle.
Ring finger: more crocodile leather in the woods. 
Pinky finger: Rumple's ethereal skin. 

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor. 
I know you can't see it very well but the middle finger has a swirl pattern couldn't get it to photograph right. :(

Close up of Rumple's skin nail. It's even flakie like his skin.

What I used: 
China Glaze: Sea Spray
China Glaze: City Siren
China Glaze: Street Chic
China Glaze: Grape Pop
OPI: Just Spotted The Lizard
OPI: Don't Pretzel My Buttons
Jesse's Girl:  Blackout
Nail Art: Red
Nail Art: Black
Nail Art Cocoa
Nail Star: Black
Nail Star:  Silver
Nail Star: Copper
Nail Star: Light Purple Shimmer
Now do you see why my post is up so late today. That's a lot of dry time.

     So what do you think? I decided that I liked it even if it's a little ambiguous and if you are not into the show you probably wouldn't get the connection. Does anyone else watch Once Upon a Time? What's your favorite episode? Mine's Skin Deep. Mostly because it's a heavy Rumple episode and I love Rumple, his laugh cracks me up. Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment