Sunday, September 30, 2012

OPI A Rose From The Dead and China Glaze Rich And Famous Comparison.

     So after I swatched OPI's A Rose From The Dead (ARFTD) I thought that it looked familiar. So I went to my collection and sure enough the bottle looked remarkably like China Glaze Rich and Famous (R&F). So I figured I would do a comparison and see if they were dupes.

The bottles.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor no flash.

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Outdoor in the shade. 

The swatches.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor without flash.

Outdoor in shade.

Outdoor in sunlight.

     So as you can see they are really close in color...similar but not the same. R&F is more bubble gum pink and ARFTD is more of a rose pink. They actually show more contrast on camera than they do in person...which is kind of weird. The best color representation is in the Outdoor in sunlight picture. The verdict...they are not exact dupes...but if you really like the color you might be happy with R&F as a substitute since you can't buy ARFTD in any size but mini. After all if you didn't see them next to each other (or like my husband) just see them both as pink (end of story), then you could do worse than to pick up R&F which is part of the China Glaze core line. What do you guys think? Is it close enough or not? Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment