Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Plaidical Review

      So I finally had some time to try the Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips that I got on clearance a while back. I was super excited for how long they claim they last. And after some trial and error I got the strips properly applied. They are trickier than I would have guessed.

Here's what it looked like on my nails day one.
Left hand.

Right hand

      The review. The strips were kind of tricky to apply and took a few errors to get it right. Once on the nail they felt more like a sticker, than real nail polish. They were also nowhere near shiny enough (IMO). I love shiny nails and these had a slight gloss but not shine. I like a high shine nail and these strips didn't do it for me. It did remind me of something though. It was almost like that plastic wrap that has sticky stuff on one side so you can seal bowls and what have you. It felt a lot like that. not a very pleasant tactile sensation. My other gripe is that none of the strips fit my nails. They all had to be trimmed and it took some work to get them to stick to the tips of my nails. But once they were on I decided to clock how long they would last since they claimed up to 14 days.

What they looked like on day three...


      Yeah....so needless to say I am not pleased with the staying power of these polish strips. I didn't even do anything unusual. Two showers, two shampoo's, and two dinners....oh and I went shopping with my good friend on Thursday. But seriously that should not have caused this kind of chippage. My right hand looked like crap in three days...yeah so much for lasts for up to 14 days. Now I am really glad I got these strips on clearance. If I had paid full price I would be going postal right now. I will be sticking with regular nail polish from now on. There are just too many negatives from this product for me to attempt polish strips again. I'd rather wait for my nails to dry and have them shiny and feel like polish (not plastic wrap) than have quick dry. Oh and one last thing....taking them off is gross. They stained my nails reddish blackish and left my hands really sticky and gross. Have any of you guys tried them? What was your experience? Did you get a better set of strips than I did? It wouldn't be the first time I got a dud. Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time stay classy and stay polished. 
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment