Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nail Whitening Fail

     After I took off ORLY So Go-Diva as my nails were a little yellowy and sad looking. So I decided to try out something I saw on Pinterest to whiten nails. I had never tried this recipe before but I've never really needed to my nails don't yellow that much but I figured I may as well put it to the test for my blog and see what happens.

Here's the recipe I used: 
1/2 hot water
4T Baking Soda
3T Peroxide
    Mix until baking soda is mostly dissolved. And soak you're nails for 1-2 minutes. (I soaked for 2)

You get a mixture that looks like this.
Nothing to write home about.

Here are my nails before.

And here are my nails after.

     So as you can see there was not much of a difference...maybe if you squint really hard you could say that they are maybe 1shade lighter than they were before. I would consider this a fail...at least it was for me. But to be fair my nails were not all that yellow to begin with. Even though I have had my nails painted everyday for the last 22 months, and use a lot of dark colors and reds my nails just don't stain that much. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones or maybe my favorite base coat Bonder is just freaking awesome. Has anyone else tried it? I want someone else to try it to see if it'a just me. Well that's all I have for you today, so until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment