Saturday, September 15, 2012

ORLY Androgynie Swatch and Review

     Today I have another swatch from my SBS haul. This is the polish that I had been wanting for a while and was pleased to see that it has been added to the ORLY core line. ORLY Androgynie is a black jelly polish with copper and silver micro glitter and large hexagonal iridescent glitter.

The bottle.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor without flash.

Outdoor in shade. Note all the glitter at the bottom. :(

Outdoor in sunlight.


Swatches.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor without flash.

Outdoor in sunlight.

Outdoor in shade. Note only 3 hexagonal glitters on my left hand. :(

     All pictures are with three coats of Androgynie and a single layer of top coat. The formula applies easily, yet is fairly sheer and the formula is really thin (almost like too much thinner was added). So as you can see from the bottle shots my main complaint with this polish is that all the glitter hangs out on the bottom of the bottle and you have to shake the crap out of the bottle to get it to budge even slightly. Which bites because shaken polish is more likely to bubble. They needed to use a better suspension base I think. I had such high hopes for this polish and while it's fairly pretty on the nail it didn't make it one day without chipping and the large hexagonal glitter are few and far between. I think in the future I will make an Andorgynie sandwich and put a coat of China Glaze Techno between two layers and see if that makes me a happy camper. I wanted so much more sparkle than I got. I saw black and glitter and was so excited...the only problem is that the black came out but the glitter stayed in the bottle. Anyway that's all I have for you guys today so until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO



        

No comments:

Post a Comment