Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fantasy Makers Once Upon A Time Swatch and Review

     Today I have a swatch and review of Fantasy Makers by Wet n'Wild Once Upon A Time (OUAT). The Fantasy Makers line is a seasonal sub-brand of Wet n'wild and the colors tend to fluctuate from year to year. I've never really bought a Fantasy Maker polish before but when I saw this color I knew I had to make an concession. When I show you the swatches you understand why. The main reason OUAT caught my attention is that it looks like a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers (RRS). Now I don't have Ruby Red Slippers to be sure but it looks pretty darn close to me (See RRS here and judge for yourself). OUAT is a black jelly polish with bright red (large and small) hexagonal glitter in it.

The bottle.
Indoor

Outdoor.

Close up.

Swatches.
Indoor with flash.

Indoor without flash.

Outdoor in shade.

Outdoor in sunlight. 

     Like all chunky glitters application can be tricky as the glitter likes to clump up together, and you want to make sure that the glitter doesn't hang off your nail (those little suckers are sharp), but over all this polish is not hard to apply at all. In the pictures above I used 3 coats of OUAT and a heavy layer of top coat. This formal also dries really quickly so you don't have to worry about needing three layers. Plus at $1.99 a bottle it's quite the steal. My inner Valkyrie is drooling and staring at the bottle mesmerized as we speak. Dark, sparkly...oh yeah I'm in love. Well that's all I have for you today. So until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

          

No comments:

Post a Comment