Saturday, March 16, 2013

There Will Be No Pinching. My Saint Patrick's Day Manicure

     Today, I have my Saint Patrick's Day manicure to show to you guys. I'm only a tiny bit Irish...and by that I mean if you round up (a lot) I'm 5% at best...I'm mostly Scottish, English, and French with a tiny bit of Indian (India). The Indian doesn't show in me, only in my brother (Seriously, could I be any whiter?). But 5% Irish counts as some Irish blood...right? Not that it really matters, I don't think you have to be of Irish decent to not want creepers pinching you on Saint Patrick's Day. You just need to wear some green. And being this pale (I blame the french genes) green has never been a friend to me, so my green will usually (okay, always) be on my nails. Want to see what I did this year? I thought that you might. Here it is.

Pictures:
Indoor no flash.

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor in sunlight. 

Outdoor in shade. 

What I Used:
China Glaze - Cha, Cha, Cha
China Glaze - Running In Circles
China Glaze - Swanky Silk
Americana - Hauser Dark green
10 small medium green gems

    I started this manicure with one coat of Swanky Silk then built up a gradient of Swanky Silk, Cha Cha Cha, and Running In Circles using a makeup sponge, until it was as dark as I wanted it. I also employed the make your own decals method for the four leaf clovers. Translation: I put top coat on a piece of plastic, painted the clovers on with acrylic paint, applied the gem stones, let it dry, then removed them from the plastic, cut them apart and applied them to my nails with top coat. I waited till all this dried then applied another layer of top coat to make sure everything stuck were and how it was supposed to. If you guys want, I can do a tutorial on how to use the create your own decals method. Let me know below with a comment if that's something you would like to see. But I digress, how do you like my Saint Patrick's Day mani? I really like how it turned out. The gradient itself is just lovely and the shamrocks that I painted free hand turned out awesome. I didn't know I had it in me. Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy, and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment