Friday, March 29, 2013

China Glaze Fancy Pants...It's Not Blue It's Purple!

     Today, I have a swatch from China Glaze's Avant Garden collection to show you guys. I am going to show you Fancy Pants. But before I show it to you I am going to warn you that this polish doesn't photograph well in any light I tried. I can't get a true color (this JPG is a closer color match than any I was able to take). In fact had I known that this polish was purple not blue I probably would not have purchased it. So be warned this polish may appear blue in pictures, but to the eye it's purple. Fancy Pants is purple! Okay, now that I feel you have been properly warned about the color I also want to say I had catastrophic nail failure last night and I have nubs again. But no worries they grow pretty fast and should be back to normal in a month or so. But enough blathering here's Fancy Pants.

Swatches:
Indoor no flash. 
*Closest to the color but it's darker and more purple.

Indoor with flash. 

Outdoor...
*The heart is covering my wound again. 

Closeup:
Indoor no flash. Note the pink flecks. 

WARNING: Polish appears blue but is really a medium purple on the nail and in the bottle!!!!

     All pictures are with two coats of Fancy Pants and a layer of topcoat. The formula applies easily but dries somewhat slower than other China Glaze polishes. I'm still on the fence with weather I like it or not though. I had my heart set on blue (my favorite color) with pink flecks but got purple with pink flecks. Sad panda. But if you want purple this polish may be right up your alley. I may just be disappointed because all the swatches I saw of this polish were blue and no one said "hey the polish is really purple on the nail." Rude. Anyway, that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy, and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment