Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Cabin In the Woods Manicure

     Today, I have a Halloween nail art to show you guys. It's a two hand manicure (I did both hands in different designs) that is based on the horror film The Cabin In The Woods. Which I must say is pretty high on my horror movies I like list. I'm not going to tell you too much about the movie because...well to be honest I don't know what I can say that won't give it away or hint at the ending. Yes it's that good. I mean come on it's co-written by Joss Whedon (and if you don't know why Joss Whedon is awesome then I don't think we can be friends). Anyway here's my The Cabin In The Woods Manicure.

The Trailer:

And if you are a Chris Hemsworth fan (I am not) clearly he's also in it...but you should watch it because hello, Joss. 


Left Hand (Matte):
Indoor no flash.

Indoor with flash

Left Hand (Glossy):
Indoor no flash. 



Closeups:
All indoor no flash. And yes I do realize how much junk The Whore has in her trunk...and how big her boobs turned out....I really can't explain how it happened I just went with it. #SorryNotSorry

Right Hand:

Indoor no flash. 
Designs left to right: Pinkie - Buckner Zombie Hand, Ring - Hadley's Shirt & Tie, Middle - Torture Orb, Index - Deadly Unicorn, and Thumb - Giant Man Eating Cobra.

Indoor with flash. 

What I Used:

Left Hand:
China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz
China Glaze - Desert Sun
China Glaze - Foie Gras
China Glaze - Matte Magic (For Matte)
Right Hand:
China Glaze - White On White
China Glaze - Liquid Leather
China Glaze - Near Dark
China Glaze - Immortal
China Glaze - Westside Warrior
China Glaze - Salsa
China Glaze - Gossip of Gimlets
China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss
Nail Art - Black
OPI - Don't Pretzel My Buttons
Konad - White
Essie - Cashmere Bathrobe
Stamping Plates:
Cheeky - CH5 (Design for torture puzzle orb
HD04 (Zombie Hand)
Mash - M39 (Unicorn) 
Fauxnad - M28 (Cobra)

     As you can see I used a ton of nail polish for this...and no acrylic paint (that's a first). I started with my left hand painting two coats of Kalahari Kiss then sponging the other listed colors over top, darkest to lightest with a topper or Kalahari Kiss. Then when it was dry I topcoated it and painted the stone drawings on by hand using Foie Gras. For the right hand I painted the pinkie with Liquid Leather, ring finger with White On White, and the remaining fingers with Immortal. I made stamping decals for the snake and the zombie hand. A regular old self made decal for the torture puzzle orb and free handed the Hadley's shirt with black tie. For the right hand I just chose a bunch of images from the film that I rather liked. It was a lot of work. But I really like how it turned out.
     I just wish the art on my left hand was as awesome as the preliminary drawings I did. Seriously someone needs to invent a nail polish pen or pencil that works like a real pen or pencil but for your nails and then I will be able to make some wicked nail art. I'm sure not having carpel tunnel would help to though. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this Halloween nail art and if you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend it. It's worth it for Hadley's awkward white boy dance alone. Until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment