Wednesday, October 16, 2013

China Glaze vs Orly vs Zoya

     Today, I have another comparison post for you guys. It occurred to me when I bought China Glaze Strike Up A Cosmo that it looked a lot like Zoya Faye and Orly Ingenue. So I'm going to do a comparison post between the three. And here's what I found out:

Pictures:

Indoor no flash. 
Note the hue differences. 

Outdoor in sunlight.
Note how they kind of look the same and sunlight.

Outdoor and shade.

     And also this is just my little thing (I minored in English so it's not totally weird). But I have heard so many people mispronounce the name of Orly's Ingenue that I figured I'd do a public service and post the video below of how to pronounce it (here's what it means too). Sorry, but my inner English nerd has a seizure when people pronounce words wrong.

     In these pictures I used two coats of China Glaze and three coats of Zoya and Orly with a heavy coat of topcoat for everyone. So you can see they are not dupes, not by a long-shot. While Faye and Ingenue are dupes of each other. They are not dupes for China Glaze Strike Up A Cosmo. Both Faye and Ingenue have more of a copper sheen to them Strike Up A Cosmo has an almost silver or pale gold sheen to it. It's also worth noting that the formula is better on China Glaze, then on Orly and Zoya, because it's opaque in two coats. I would like to note however that in the sunlight, there's really not all that much color difference. And to be honest, if you have one of these polishes then you probably don't need the others. And if you don't have any of them (and you only want one), I recommend China Glaze, because two coats are just more convenient than three. Plus China Glaze is way cheaper than Zoya. Well that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment