Thursday, October 24, 2013

Essence Peel Off Base Coat Test Drive

     Today, I decided to try Essence Peel Off Base Coat. I decided to try it since the glue method seemed so...unsubstantial (if that makes sense). And I happened to come across a bottle on clearance at my local Fred Myers. So here are my thoughts on it:

The Product: 


Essence Peel off Base Coat:



And just for reference here is what the glue method looks like after it's peeled. 

Glue Peel Off Method:


Pros:

  • Applies easily.
  • Dries quickly.
  • More solid than the glue method.
  • Last longer than glue method.
  • Survived a 2 showers. 

Cons:

  • You will need an orange stick to peel it off.
  • It can come off in small pieces.
  • It smells kinda funky.
  • You need to make sure your nails are super dry (any oil will make it pool weird as it dries).
  • It can be a pain in the butt to get a hold of.

    My final thoughts on Essence Peel Off Base Coat. I really like this base coat for everyday wear. It seems more like a normal base coat (one that just happens to peel off) than using glue. On the other hand it's more difficult to remove than the glue method. So bottom line is if you are swatching for a blog or only wanting to wear a polish for one night go with the glue. If you are wanting to wear the polish for a couple of days you will want to pick up a bottle of Essence Peel Off Base Coat. Anyway that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy, and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment