Saturday, April 20, 2013

China Glaze Strap On Your Moonboots

    After an afternoon of editing pictures and yes a video. I have one of China Glaze's Hologlam collection Strap On Your Moonboots (SOYMB) to show you guys. SOYMB is the darkest blue holographic polish from the line and may end up being my favorite...but to be fair I have only really swatched this one yet...so we'll see. I did a little Polish In Motion video to go along with it. Because in my opinion still pictures don't do this polish justice. You have to see this pretty lady in action.

Swatches:
Indoor with flash. 

Indoor with flash at an angle. 

Indoor no flash. 

Indoor no flash at an angle.

Outdoor in sunlight.

Outdoor in sunlight at an angle. 

Outdoor in shade.

Closeups:
Outdoor in sunlight

Indoor no flash. 

Polish In Motion Video:
My first Youtube video. Don't worry I'll get better. 

      All pictures/video are with two coats of SOYMB with a layer of top coat. The formula is a little thick...and I know there has been a lot of complaints about it...but honestly it's not that big a deal...at least not for me. I used Orly Bonder as base coat and Seche Vite top coat (my usual routine) and it turned out just fine. A few tips are probably in order here though. It would be a good idea to buff your nail gently before using any holo (holo's will amplify any/all nail abnormalities) so buff them. I know some the higher end holo's even sell/make specific pre-holo nail buffers. But a regular buffer should do the trick. If you have really ridged nails, a ridge filling base coat is in order. Wait for the base coat to be completely dry before you apply the first layer of SOYMB, use very little pressure when applying the polish, avoid going over the same area more than once until the first coat is fully dry, then apply the second coat and let completely dry before applying the topcoat. That should clear up any application problems. At least it did for me. At any rate I love this polish...the color is amazing, and mine is very holo, and I really love it. It's dark, sparkly, and I love it with all my Valkyrie heart. Well, that's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment