Saturday, April 27, 2013

China Glaze Not In this Galaxy

     Today, I have another polish from China Glaze's Hologlam collection to show you. I am going to be showing you Not In This Galaxy which is a pinkish, coral holographic polish. And yes, I did another nail polish in motion video. I used my right hand this time though...because I am a clumsy ass and I creamed my left hand (my normal swatch hand). Which resulted in loss of most of the length on my ring and index finger nails. Let's just say that it involved a sweater tie, a door knob, and myself cursing like a sailor. In fact my poor little ring finger is still really sore (two days later). That said, I will return to using my left hand (nubs and all) because recording video of your right hand (when right handed) is just shy of impossible. So, in my next mani/swatch I will have nubbins. But I digress I'm here to show you nail polish not talk about my clumsiness. So, with no further ado, here's Not In This Galaxy.

Pictures:
Outdoor in sunlight. 
*Best color representation. 

Outdoor in shade.

Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

Closeup:
Outdoor in sunlight. 

Nail Polish In Motion Video:

     In these pictures I used two coats of Not In This Galaxy and a coat of top coat. Also it's worth mentioning that the formula on this one is a beast. I tried three different base coats, before deciding to go alfresco under it instead. It was the only way I could get it to apply properly. Which grumps me up just a little bit. No basecoat is a cardinal sin but I had to commit it to make this polish apply properly. It's such a pretty polish...but application is not easy...or fun. That said the color is very pretty and I'm glad I own it because I can see this polish being awesome for stamping. I have some ideas swimming around in my head as I type which should sidestep the whole application issue as well. But like we all know already beauty is pain and this pretty polish is quite the pain to apply (hence the song in the video, I thought it fit my feelings for this polish very well). Anyway, that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment