Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day Water Marble Manicure

     Those of you that know me, know that I am not a mom (unless you count fur kids) and my mom passed away when I was a kid. So, I don't have a reason to celebrate Mother's Day. But this year I decided to do a Mother's Day manicure anyway. Free warning this will be a sappy, sentimental post because I am dedicating this manicure to my mom's memory. If you are not down for that sort of thing abandon post here. I'll wait....(*wonders off for a few minutes then comes back*) Still here? Good I will proceed. Basically I decided that even thought my mother isn't here anymore, it doesn't mean I am not eternally grateful that she was my mother. I feel lucky that I had such an amazing mom for what little time I had her. She was the most amazing woman in the world and everything good about me came from her.


This is my mom:

Her favorite color was green. Her favorite flowers were lilacs. She was an animal lover (all kinds of animals). She loved Mexican food. She loved her children and grand children more than anything in this world. And she loved to plant, nurture and tend her garden (vegetable and flower)....which is seriously a trait I wish I had inherited from her...My apartment is where plants go to die. It's ridiculous really. I'm a vegetarian who can't keep a plant alive. How's that for a contradiction? But I digress. The general thesis is that my mother was an amazing, caring woman who I love very much. And this manicure is for her. Happy Mother's Day Mom. I only hope that some day I will be half as good a mom to my children as you were to yours. 


Pictures:

Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

What I Used:
China Glaze - Tart-Y For The party
China Glaze - White On White
China Glaze - Gaga For Green
China Glaze - Holly-Day

A song that always reminds me of my mom:
Jimmy Eat World - Here You Me
“And If you were with me tonight. I’d sing for you just one more time. A song for a heart so big, God wouldn't let it live.”♫

      I decided because my mother loved plants and flowers that this mani should reflect that. Plus, I wanted to use her favorite color and her favorite flower. Then I decided I would do a water marble because I haven't done one in a while. My accent nail is a purple/white lilac like flower and the rest are supposed to be the little leaves of the lilac bush. I think in true mom fashion she would have liked anything I did for her. When she was alive I could have brought her a cotton ball with a twig glued to it and she would have acted like it was a piece of world class art, so I'm pretty sure she would love this. Anyway, I hope all the moms out there have a happy Mother's Day. Anyway, that's all I have for today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment