Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Iron Man(Icure)

    So tonight, I am going with to see Iron Man 3 and I am so excited that I had to do a mani. I freaking love Iron Man (he's one of my favorite Marvel Good guys. Not thee favorite but he's up there). I mean seriously he's snarky, sarcastic, has a penchant for getting in way over his head, and has lots of cool toys. Plus how can you not like Robert Downey Jr as the title roll. The man is perfect for the roll....could they have written a roll any better for him...I think not. Anyway, enough blathering on from me here's my Iron Man(icure). See what  I did there?

Left Hand:


Right Hand:

Glowing Elements:
Left thumb. Energy Source. 


Middle finger right hand. Energy blaster. 

Iron man mask 


What I Used:
OPI - Danke-Shiny Red
Color Club - winter Affair
China Glaze - Liquid Leather
China Glaze - White On white
China Glaze - Dandy Lyin’ Around
China Glaze - Ghoulish Glow
Striping Tape

The Trailer (in case you have been living under a rock and haven't seen it yet): 



And The Song (Because You shouldn't have to choose):



     Okay, so this mat be the single most thought out, and longest mani I have ever done. I designed it yesterday and applied it today. Total hours spent working on this (from conception to fruition) 10 hours. Also...let's just say that in test faze there were a lot of rejected designs, and I tried 5 different versions of the mask before deciding to split in up and have half on each of two nails. I used free hand, striping tape, and self made decals to create this manicure. And please, oh please, do not ask for a tutorial on this. I don't know if I have the patience to do this again (even though I love how it turned out)...even if it's for a tutorial. Anyway, are you guys going to see the movie or have you already? I'm super excited. I can't wait to see the shenanigans that Tony gets into this time. That's all I have for you guys today. Until next time, stay classy, and stay polished. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment