Saturday, May 18, 2013

Seth Monster Manicure

      Today I have a manicure that is based on my fluff monster Seth's grumpy cuteness. My cat Seth is 14 1/2 years old. He's half Siamese and half Tabby...but he has way more Siamese traits than Tabby traits (hear this as he is mouthy, loud, and grumpy). I adopted my little fluff man when he was 8 weeks old (he was a rescue) and his grumpy butt has been with me ever since. And like all cat owners I have given him many pseudo names as well: Mr. Fluff, Fluff Monster, Fluff Man, Mr. Fur, Turd Ferguson, Grumpy, Grumpy Bear, Seth Monster, Fur Monster, Mr. Fluffy Pants, Sir Seth of Fluffy Bottom (yes, I knighted him stop laughing), Boo-Boo Bear, Boo-Boo, and Mr. Velvet P.J.'s (when he get's his summer haircut...which is hilarious BTW). In case you haven't figured it out by now, I love my little fluff man. So I decided that I wanted to do a manicure based on him. So here is my fluffy and the mani based on him.

My Fluffy Monster (obligatory cat picture spam):







The manicure:
Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

What I Used:
China Glaze - Liquid Leather
China Glaze - White On White
China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss
China Glaze - Desert Sun
China Glaze - Bahamian Escape
China Glaze - Kinetic Candy
China Glaze - Man Hunt
China Glaze - Foie Gras
OPI - Don’t Pretzel My Buttons
OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook

     I used a few different methods to create this look. I made my own decals (for the nose, and the eyes), sponged a gradient, and lastly freehand painting. Over all I like how it turned out but it was not what I had envisioned as the outcome. Mostly because I am total crap at drawing/painting eyes. I always have been. Much to the chagrin of all my high school art teachers. I can't even imagine how the eyes would have turned out had they not been decals...pretty sure this mani would not have be posted (if not for homemade decals). Pretty sure the preliminary sketch template saved the eyes...even if they look all weird. I do really like the nose though. My fluffy man has the cutest little nose freckles and I am so glad those came out nicely. What do you guys think. Do you like it? Anyway that's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy and stay polished. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment