Friday, July 6, 2012

Nail Polish Jewelry, Mermaids Tears and a New Job. Oh, My!

Yeah, okay I know the title is cheesy but I'm pretty excited that I got a new job after being unemployed for so long. I start next Tuesday and it's a life changing kind of job...let's just say that I have never made as much as I will be making vary soon and I couldn't be happier about it. So don't be surprised if there are more nail polish hauls in future posts. And in celebration of getting hired to my new job I bought a little celebration gift for myself on Ebay. A certain OPI Polish called Mermaids Tears that I have been wanting for quite some time. It should come next week, so I'm sure there will be a post about that when it gets here. I have also been meddling in nail polish jewelry. I bought some cabochons and have been playing with making some nail polish jewelry. I still have to buy the settings and what not but right now they are just pretty stones. Want to see? I thought that might be the case. Here's what I have been up to.

All of them so far

 1/2 the collection

Second half of the collection

 Closeup #1. I love the black and red one 

Closeup #2. I am in love with the orange glitter one. 

Closeup #3. The red and gold one is so much prettier in real life

Closeup #4. I love the ones with flakie polish and of course the one with stars

So that's what I have been up to this week. Playing with polish figuring out which colors work for making jewelry and which ones don't. I can also see a lot of nail art related possibilities as far as designs for future pieces that will be made into jewelry. Especially after how the stone with the stars turned out...that one will definitely end up as a ring in the future. I used a lot of different colors and brands if you ladies want to know which polish was used on a specific stone leave me a comment below with at least a vague idea of which stone you are talking about and I will tell you what I used. And who knows some day they may end up for sale or something or as a giveaway or whatever. Which of the stones do you guys like the best? I think the glitters are my favorites they will make nice rings. Any way that's all I have for my post today. As always stay classy and stay polished. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment