Friday, May 9, 2014

Dollish Polish They Are Coming To Get You Barbara

     Today, I have They Are Coming To Get You Barbara from Dollish Polish's Halloween Frights collection to show you guys. They Are Coming To Get You Barbara is a Red (bar and square), black (matte moon & hex), White (matte hex and skull and cross bones), and neon green (matte hex and squares) in a milky off white/grayish crelly base. Wow that was a mouthful! But seriously guys this polish is awesome! It's based on the movie Night of The Living Dead. I like the 1968 original but I absolutely adore the 1990 remake (the Tony Todd one...because Tony Todd is the shit!!! His voice is wonderfully creepy and he's such a good actor). I'm not sure which version this is based on (There are like 5 or 6 remakes/versions of this film...but the only ones any good are the Tony Todd 1990 and the original 1968 ones, IMO.), so...I guess just pick your fave and go with it. Also if you only know one thing about Night Of the Living Dead, know this: George A. Romero co-wrote and directed the original, which makes him the Zombie Godfather! All zombies as we know them can be traced directly to George A. Romero and the original 1968 film. If you like zombies, then you should be thankful for Mr. Romero, he's a total rock star, and responsible for all the flesh eating monsters we know and love. So let's pay homage to the Zombie Godfather! Here's They Are Coming To Get You Barbara:

Pictures:

Indoor no flash. 

Indoor with flash. 

Closeups:

Indoor no flash. 

Indoor no flash. 

     In these pictures I used two coats of They Are Coming To Get You Barbara, over two coats of China Glaze Recycle, topped with a heavy layer of top coat. The skull and cross bones were kind of a pain to place, I had to dig them out and put them where I wanted them. Also as you know I hate bar glitter, but in this polish they are not a big deal. I would prefer it if they weren't in there, but whatever, it's still a pretty polish. And I'm definitely glad I bought this one. I hope you guys enjoy this swatch and if you haven't seen the movie (Either version) they are so beyond worth a watch. So go watch them. That's all I have for you today. Until next time, stay classy, and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment