Thursday, January 23, 2014

OPI 4 In The Morning

        Today, I have 4 In The Mourning (4ITM) from OPI’s Gwen Stefani collection. Originally I wasn’t sure if I was going to get this polish but I picked it up on a whim and I am really glad I did so. 4ITM is satin finish black polish. What’s satin finish you ask, we’ll I’m going to tell you.  Satin finish is not a matte finish. Where matte finish looks dry(ish) this polish almost looks waxy. Like you spilled a bit of candle wax on your nails and just rubbed it over the surface of the nail. It’s hard to explain It’s more of a show you rather than tell you sort of thing. So with that in mind here is 4ITM.

Pictures:


Indoor no flash.

Indoor with flash

Outdoor in shade (sorry no sun to be found).
      For this I used two coats of 4ITM and no topcoat. It says right there on the bottle to no use a top coat so I just let it hangout naked on my nails (which I have to confess felt really wrong). This polish applies fairly easily and dries super fast. A word of caution though: try to do each coat in as few brush strokes as possible, and avoid going over the same spot until it’s dry, or you get little dumps that are just icky. And while I really freaking love this polish it’s not a long term polish. Lack of top coat means that you will have tip wear fairly quickly. But she’s such a pretty polish she’s worth the trouble. I do so love black nail polish, and this polish is one of my new favorites for sure. Have you guys tried it? What did you think? Anyway that’s all I have for you guys. Until next time stay classy and stay polished.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment